Call for Submissions First Street Gallery’ 9 for 19 Exhibition
U.S. National Deadline: September 15, 2019 – First Street Gallery announces a unique exhibition opportunity, “9 for 19,” opening January 9th, 2020 held in our Chelsea Gallery located at 526 West 26th Street Suite 209, New York, NY 10001.
The show will highlight a select group of nine artists, who will have an exhibition area of approximately 12’ x 12’ of wall space (not necessarily contiguous). Artists with 3D work will be given the equivalent amount of floor space. Selected artists may, within reason, use their space in whatever manner they feel shows their work to its best advantage. Artists will be required to submit a planned layout prior to installation and are strongly encouraged to install their own work.
Open to U.S. resident artists at least 18 yrs. old. Exception: Artists currently represented by ‘First Street Gallery’. Eligible works include ‘original’ oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, drawings, prints, photography, mixed media, and sculpture in any medium.
• All work must be suitably framed (or sides cleanly finished or painted), wired and ready for hanging. D-rings should be used for heavy works. 2D works on paper do not have be framed under plexi glass or glass, but must have the proper hanging hardware for installation.
• Sculptors must provide floor stand. (The gallery has a small number of stands which may be available for small sculpture, if your work is chosen please contact the gallery immediately if you wish to use one of ours.) Wall hung sculpture: maximum weight 30 lbs. Must have securely attached wire or other fixture(s) to hang. No work can be hung from ceiling or pipes.
The fee is $55 for 5 images. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Accepted work may be refused if it does not conform to the entered image or it does not meet dimension or weight limits as detailed on Prospectus. Absolutely no substitutions of accepted works will be allowed. All accepted work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
The gallery will take no commission on any work sold. Work not for sale must be marked “N.F.S.” No “P.O.R.” sales.
- Sept 15 Entry Deadline
- Sept 27 Notifications sent out by this date
- Jan 3 & 4 Hand delivery of work, 11:30 – 5:30 PM – shipped work must arrive by Saturday, December 21
- Jan 5 & 6 Installation
- Jan 7 Exhibition opens
- Jan 9 Reception 6-8 PM
- Jan 25 Exhibition closes
- Jan 26 Pickup of hand-delivered work: 9AM – 12 PM
- Jan 28 Pickup of hand-delivered work: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM
First Street Gallery’ is a nonprofit contemporary art gallery located in the heart of Chelsea, steps from the High Line. We offer two exhibition spaces on the second floor of a prominent Gallery building.
Through innovative programming that brings art and the community together, First Street Gallery’ continues to nurture, educate, inspire and challenge artists everywhere. As an artist run gallery, we encourage members to pursue and determine the course of their own artistic careers.
First Street Gallery
526 West 26th Street, Suite 209
New York, New York 10001
tel (646) 336-8053